Textile Designer, Portland, OR
Deborah Kaplan is an illustrator, textile and fashion designer.
PLEASE VISIT MY NEW CHILDREN’S TEXTILE STUDIO SITE:
Deborah Kaplan is an illustrator, textile and fashion designer based in Portland Oregon.
She attended Parsons School of Design and graduated in 2008 with a BFA in Integrated Design Curriculum.
To see more work and fine art dresses please visit www.deathbydrone.com
-Strong computer based illustration skills utilizing Adobe applications including:
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
-Textile print design and creation of apparel production flats, specifications and
-Microsoft Word, Excel,Powerpoint, and Quickbooks.
CURRENT CLIENTS/ EMPLOYERS:
Filter- contracted to Nike// Athletic Apparel
Color Designer Bags and Socks-current role
-Researches seasonal color direction and trend.
-Conceptualizes color strategy for product relating to
different sport categories.
- Applies color to technical product sketches.
- Works with business partners to define commercialism
of color across product categories.
Nike Swim (Portland)// Athletic Apparel
- Creates textile designs and repeats for swim
product using original and Nike prints.
- Develops textile spec sheets for production.
- Creates print colorways using seasonal color trends.
Fred Meyer Stores (Portland)// Department Store
- Develops original graphics for children’s apparel.
- Uses Adobe Illustrator and hand drawing to create elements for prints.
Joan Sherman Arts (NYC)// Fine Arts and Textile Studio
- Designs textile prints based on original handmade artwork.
- Develops textile repeats using Adobe Photoshop and
Illustrator in multiple colorways.
- Maintains fabric design library and color code system.
- Works closely with fabric printers to assure quality control,
design intent, and on time delivery
Alfred (NYC)// Tee-shirt Brand
- Works with photographs to create original graphics
- Edits photos in Adobe Photoshop.
- Creates flats and specs in Adobe Illustrator.
MyMo (London)// Mobile Product Design Company
- Designs packaging, web banners and mock-up images for
web using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Polkadot What (NYC)// Kids Apparel Brand
Textile and Apparel Designer
- Creates original textile prints and repeats for apparel.
- Develops flats and specs for tech packs.
- Researches trends in color and design.
- Creates promotional materials/line sheets.
Little Honey Design (Portland)// Children’s Textile Studio
- Designs original textiles for children’s clothing, home goods, and
- Hand illustrates graphics or creates designs in the Adobe Suite.
- Creates textile repeats.
- Designs apparel and creates technical packs.
- Communicates with local and overseas factories for production.
PAST CLIENTS/ EMPLOYERS:
Messy Little Monkeys (Australia)// Baby Product Line
Origany (San Francisco)//Children’s Clothing Line
Jay Designs (NYC)// Textile Design Studio
The S Group (Portland)// Design Co-op
Laundry Design (Portland)// Surface Design Studio
Kanu Surf (NYC)// Children’s Swimwear Company
Modern Love Design (Portland)// Children’s Print
Alice Alan Designs (NYC)// Footwear Company
DRU New York (NYC)// Footwear Company
Death By Drone (NYC)// Specialty Apparel Line
Parsons School of Design (NYC)
2004-2008 // Bachelor of Fine Arts in
Fashion Institute of Technology (NYC)
2007 // Select Continuing Education Courses
PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS:
WeAr Global Magazine // April 2009
“Next Generation” article/interview
Frankie Magazine // Fall 2009
Audrey Magazine // Fall 2009
Planet Magazine // Winter 2008
Lucky Magazine // October 2008
Daily Candy NYC // July 2008
Featured New Designer
Daily Candy Sweeties Awards // 2008
Nominee for Best New NYC Designer
All Japan Fashion Teachers // 2007
International Color Coordination
Poster Contest-second place